Friday, March 2, 2012

Neil Wilgus, "Oswald in Mexico," The Illuminoids: Secret Societies and Political Paranoia

Although Oswald was allegedly on a bus to Mexico at the time, someone calling himself 'Harvey Oswald' appeared at the Selective Service office in Austin, Texas, to discuss his undesirable discharge; the next day Cuban refugee leader Sylvia Odio is visited in Dallas by two Latins and 'Leon Oswald' (whom they called 'Leopoldo') to discuss violent anti-Castro activities and revenge against Kennedy—though Oswald was supposedly on his way to Mexico City; Albert Osborne, who allegedly paid for 1,000 Hands Off Cuba leaflets which Oswald distributed in New Orleans, allegedly rides on same bus with him to Mexico City; Oswald, or someone impersonating him, attempts to go to Cuba from Mexico City; while Oswald was in Mexico a second Oswald appeared at a Dallas rifle range to shoot bull's-eyes, have his scope adjusted and talk to people there; Oswald returns to Dallas on bus No. 332, or was it No. 340? which had the name 'Oswald' added to the manifest after the trip.

2 comments:

  1. http://www.hydramag.com/2010/11/23/the-worlds-of-the-men-who-killed-kennedy/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry W. Thornley, "Letter For La Chica," The Idle Warriors:

    La Chica:

    The man who delivers this to you is a friend of mine. I asked him not to stop by with it until I and my outfit are bound for Japan again. As you read this, I am probably somewhere between Olangapo and Yokohama. The sky is probably grey and the ocean rough. I am probably standing on the deck thinking of a nice, warm Philippine weather and of you - the girl I will always call "La Chica."

    I remember how you looked at me the first night Johnny Shellburn and I walked into the Island Lounge Restaurant arguing philosophy. And, also, I remember how Johnny Shellburn looked at you.

    You had on your yellow dress that night, I remember that, and that you came over to sit with me and talk, pretending to be interested in Johnny's book on Hinduism. I knew then that you were interested in me; you made it clear. So clear that I relaxed, thinking things would work out in time. I'm sorry.

    I left early that night, left Johnny behind, happy and confident. When Johnny told me the next day that he had a date with you, I thought nothing of it. I don't know whether I underestimated him or overestimated you, but I'm sorry my judgment was not more perfect. Maybe I just did not think about it.

    I know how it happened and I'm not blaming you. Johnny took you out, told you he wanted to go to bed with you and you were afraid to answer. He took you to a hotel, got a room, and dragged you there without further questions. That's Johnny's way. I've seen him do it time and again. He is direct and blunt, but his method works.

    We change our taste, our likes and dislikes, even our loves, to conform with reality. It's part of adjusting to life. I've preached it all along, and I saw it happen to you. Since Johnny had made himself important in you life, and since I hadn't, you turned your attention more and more toward him. I saw it happening; I knew it what was happening; and yet, I did nothing to stop it. I'm sorry.

    I wasn't sorry then, but I'm sorry now. For tonight I saw you hanging on Johnny's arms crying "Don't go!" And I saw Johnny pushing his way out the door and saying, "Leave me alone. I'm no good, girl." I saw this tonight. If we were not heading back for Japan in the morning, there would still be some time for me to do something, to give you the love you cried for and the love I could have given. But now the orders are stamped.

    Experiences, even bad ones, are worth something. I don't know what you got out of this one, but I learned one thing that will serve me forever: the worst thing a man can do is just stand and do nothing. I'll not repeat that mistake.

    Please write, La Chica.

    ReplyDelete